Threats are increasing constantly, and IT teams are managing increasingly complex environments. Creating and maintaining comprehensive security and risk management policies that are appropriate for your business can be both difficult and extremely time consuming.
Consider these statistics:
- The average time to identify a breach in 2019 was 206 days and the average time to contain a breach was 73 days, for a total of 279 days¹
- The average cost of a breach is $3.92m¹
- Each personal record is $148 per record on the Dark Web (Ponemon Institute Report 2018)
- Cybersecurity incidents are predicted to cost Australia $29 billion a year.²
- There are now 3,317 families of malware, and 17,671 malware variants.³
- Since Australia’s Notifiable Data Breaches scheme began, there have been an average of 2.6 breaches reported every single day.4
- Of all of the data security breaches reported to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner in Q4 2017, 36% were due to human error.5
The risks and costs are significant and growing by the day - are you confident that your security measures are up-to-scratch?