Why outsourced IT is ideal for the manufacturing sector
With the current business landscape affecting the manufacturing sector, budgets are tighter and deadlines are never-ending. Technology upgrades, while crucial, can be difficult to manage and coordinate. It’s also not uncommon for technology to exist within departments, or silos, meaning many manufacturers operate without a lack of centralised, coordinated insight.
From both a B2B and a B2C perspective, manufacturers are also now under enormous pressure to deliver more information about their products than ever before, at all stages of the supply chain.
It’s for reasons such as these that many manufacturers are outsourcing their IT: choosing reliable, managed cloud services that maximise system uptime, optimise IT security, and improve productivity at all levels of the business.
At Brennan IT, we have extensive experience in helping manufacturers identify the technology solution that’s right for their unique needs – whether this includes a cloud-based solution and services, or a hybrid solution that encompasses both cloud and on-premise infrastructure. In every instance, we recommend a solution that’s customised for a client’s requirements.
Here are two examples of Brennan IT providing customised manufacturer IT Services.
1. Tieman Tankers: How An Outsourced Solution Halved IT Maintenance Costs
For over six decades, Tieman Tankers has been designing and making road transport tankers, supplying them to the logistics and transport industry. Looking to overhaul their IT systems, they engaged Brennan IT to move their applications and infrastructure to the cloud.
Brennan IT were chosen because of our extensive industry knowledge and experience in IT infrastructure services. Tieman Tankers now have access to the latest software and hardware, and an instant disaster backup and recovery plan.
According to Tieman Tankers, the move has significantly improved their overall operation:
- The company has indicated a 20-25% improvement in productivity, through less downtime
- increased efficiency and greater speed.
- Their overall cost of IT administration also reduced by around 50%
- They now have a mobile workforce that can tap into their cloud environment from anywhere in Australia.
2. Priestley’s Gourmet Delights: Switching To A Managed Cloud Solution
Priestley’s Gourmet Delights is a 100% Australian owned and operated food manufacturing business, with world-class manufacturing practices located in Australia and New Zealand.
The business was operating with dated on-premise infrastructure that frequently failed and needed to be restarted. This was causing considerable hassle and frustration for employees.
When the decision was made to upgrade their IT, they engaged Brennan IT – having heard positive things about the quality of Brennan IT’s engineers and support team.
Brennan IT helped Priestley’s Gourmet Delights to define their needs, developing and providing a roadmap for their IT upgrade.
Brennan IT also helped the business migrate to a new, cloud-based infrastructure with managed services across their environment.
- Now, every element of Priestley’s Gourmet Delights’ technology is managed off-site, in the cloud, by Brennan IT, and the business doesn’t require any IT people on staff.
- Through our Microsoft Office 365 setup, Priestley’s remote sales team are also able to effectively share data and collaborate, even when they are on the road.