What is Veeam Cloud Connect?
If you are an existing Veeam Backup software customer, Veeam Cloud Connect makes it easy for you to send your off-site copies to the cloud. Your internal IT resources can simply target offsite backups to the Brennan IT private cloud, and benefit from reliable, Australia-based storage and restoration.
Veeam Cloud Connect is priced per virtual machine protected and total data stored. This means you have complete control over how much data is stored in the Brennan IT Private Cloud, how often incremental backup volumes are written, and for how long they are stored. We simply charge you a low monthly fee corresponding to the total data stored on our cloud infrastructure after it has been compressed and encrypted.
Connectivity to the Brennan IT Private Cloud can be via secure encrypted tunnel over the internet, or via a private managed data link which we can also supply at competitive prices.
How Does it Work?
Veeam Cloud Connect integrates hosted backup repositories (called cloud repositories) directly into the Veeam backup console.
Our cloud engineer helps you to “Add Service Provider” and enter the credentials we provide you.
The Brennan IT Cloud repository then appears in your Veeam backup software console. Offsite copies now get securely transmitted to the Brennan IT Cloud
How can it Benefit your Business?
- Cost savings. You simply get charged monthly for the data volume stored. There’s no site-to-site VPN to set up, no data transfer costs from us, no separate software console and no more tapes or drives to swap around.
- Flexibility. This solution is ideal for all size deployments and can even be established on-premise. It is an ideal choice for smaller companies as it is cost effective and competitively priced, though can also suit larger companies who are looking for full control over their backups.
- Ease of use. Backup with Veeam is client managed through a user-friendly portal. Veeam Cloud Connect is a feature inside Veeam, and makes it incredibly easy to send off-site backup copy to the Brennan IT Private Cloud.
- Ease of deployment. This option is ideal if you already have Veeam technology in place and prefer to self-manage your infrastructure. It’s available at a low cost and is very easy to manage.
- Ability to pair with Veeam’s Virtual Replication for disaster recovery. if your business is already using Veeam for backups.