The Australian Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017 is having far reaching effects in the way that all Australian organisations not only have to think about the way that they collect, store and secure personal data, but what the effects will be now if something goes wrong.
With the regulatory requirement forcing disclosure and significant fines for bad practice, all organisations need to be on-top of what’s now required under the NDB scheme. This short guide will help you to understand what’s needed and get your management board ‘on-board’.
What’s inside ‘Getting the board ‘on-board’ with data breach notification’?
- An overview of what’s included in the legislation
- Why senior managers need to care about the scheme
- What you can do to avoid falling fowl of its provisions.
Who should read this eBook?
- Professionals looking to understand what the Australian Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act means
- IT and compliance professionals required to ensure organisations meet NDB scheme standards
- Anyone struggling to convince a leader of the need to change their data handling and security measures.