ISDN has been one of the staples of communications for Australian businesses, but it’s reaching its end-date.
As part of the NBN roll-out and ongoing decommissioning of Australia’s legacy networks, the ‘Telstra Business Voice ISDN’ carriage products will progressively be switched off between August 2019 and December 2022.
SDN must be replaced with modern VoIP-based technology to keep business phone lines and systems working. The questions is: what comes next?
Download ‘ISDN End of Life’ to learn which alternative is right for your business:
- Hosted PBX – Replace ISDN and all of your dedicated phone systems/PBX hardware with a Hosted PBX, which provides you with:
- Voice calls in & out (along with routing features)
- Interactive voice recording (for example: Press 1 for Sales; Press 2 for Support, etc.)
- Voicemail (on a subscription model)
- Modern handset and mobile app
- On-Premise PBX/UC system with SIP Trunking – You can replace your ISDN lines with SIP Trunks over a data network connection and upgrade or replace your dedicated phone system/PBX, along with your handsets, to be compatible.