In order to drive a regular rate of new business it is important for businesses to maintain their marketing efforts and have regular marketing activities in place throughout the year.
Well thought-out and executed marketing will build your business. What’s important here is to plan activities that are within your budget, are simple to implement and have the biggest impact on your target market.
It’s important to think about who you want to target, how they get their news, where they are and how can you talk to them.
Take a look at 6 quick marketing activities to help small businesses plan the year ahead.
1) Track your ROI. It is important to track where the money is coming from and tag it to specific marketing campaigns through unique campaign codes. Ask your clients, “how did you hear about us?” By doing so you can invest your marketing dollars intelligently because you know what activity promotes the best return on investment.
2) Regularly promote products and events. When you have new products launching, major events or success stories promote the news through your website, newsletter and press releases.
3) Scheduled newsletters. Send prospects and clients updates about new products and promotions. Be front of mind!
4) Mail postcards to your target market. People read postcards when the message is brief and this activity can really help boost website traffic.
5) Use a variety of marketing tactics and vary your approach. Take advantage of all opportunities available for communicating your value to your customers. Vary your approach and use a combination of telemarketing, direct mail, emails etc. Marketing is fun so don’t be afraid to experiment a little.
6) Send a second offer to your customers immediately after they’ve purchased. Send a handwritten note to your customers thanking them for their business and informing them that upon their return with this this note, they can take advantage of another offer.
This is just to get you started and there’s so much you can do, but it’s important to get the basics right!